Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite 6.7 unable to pick domain groups for user
vikaslohia
Hi,
I have installed teamsite 6.7.2 SP1 on windows 2003. I am having access problems on the workareas when I added access for domain groups.
Then I added show_user_list_verbose=true in iw.cfg and this created all the users's groups information in trace.log when teamsite was restarted. Now I have noticed that domain groups for none of the users have been extracted.
Any thoughts on this?
Also, I understand that teamsite uses the local account 'SYSTEM' to run all the services (please correct me if I am wrong) and hence SYSTEM would be sending the request to the Active Directory to extract the group information. Is there any ways of changing this account? There is a domain group in my environment to which the user should be added if he has to view the groups for other users. Could this be ausing the issue?
Rgds,
Vikash
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Have you configured the domain_list setting in the iwserver section of the iw.cfg?
Are you working within a NTLM or Mixed-mode AD environment? If so, have you enabled the domain_local_groups and/or use_adsi settings in iw.cfg?
vikaslohia
Thanks for your reply Fish.
I have confirmed the domain_list settings and it has the required domains listed under [iwserver] and [iwcgi].
Also, we are working with native mode AD environemnt. I have tried both - enabling and disabling domain_local_groups and use_adsi settings in iw.cfg. But the results are the same. Even after disabling the use_adsi in iw.cfg, trace logs shows that the setting is switched on. I am attaching the trace logs.
Rgds,
vikash
Adam Stoller
Judging from the trace log - you have three or four domains specified for authentication:
Domain "CENTRE1": pdc="\\UKC1CENT02" confirmed....This then also leads to the question - for which domain's groups are you having issue with in TeamSite? My guess is that it would be groups in the BTC1 or GROUP domains - yes?
vikaslohia
Hi,
this has been sorted out now. The AD was not permitting the teamsite server to read the user group permissions. The server name was added in AD to allow it to read the groups.
Thanks for all your replies.
Regards,
Vikash
Lohite
Hi....
I configured the AD settings in the user_database.xml in the TS.
Im able to see the Groups and not the Users and not able to do any oprations.
Can you suggest, like you mentioned, where to add the TS server name in AD server?