Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Custome EA's not working and causing errors
SethHickel
I am attempting to make some customizations to the tag UI and to advanced search for "Expiration date", "Original Site Source", and "Vendor Source."
I have added the three items to datacapture.cfg: See attached
I made corresponding changes to FieldMapping.xml: Also see attached.
After making these changes I purged the collection for this branch, stopped and started the search and index services and
attempted to search against EA's that I had tagged a test file with.
I am unable to get a return for Expiration date (even though it shows in the properties for the file).
When I try to search for Original Site Source or Vendor Source I get "Search query not valid" error.
(again, I can see these values in the properties of the file) See attached for error.
In addition, I get no return when I search for "Keywords"; again, I can see these in the properties of the file.
I am able to search and get results for other EA's such as CreateDate.
I must be missing something since I seem to be unable to search against any custom EA that I tag with.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
SethHickel
OK - solved.
All my configuration files were correct, however my branches.cfg had listed /default/main/MyBranchLevel instead of /default/main/MyBranchLevel/AWorkArea. So, when I was searching at the workarea level instead of the branch level I was not getting returns.
If I search from the branch level I am getting returns.
Hope this helps someone else.