I have added a user with editor access on TS6.5.0 SP2.To do this, I added the user on the Os and then I added this user in editor.uid file in conf folder. This user is unable to edit files as yet. why is it so ? Do I have to do anything more ? I went back to UI and checked users and role under Administration tab. I checked the user name and tried to find user name there. After looking for user name, the system asked me to reset the server for changes to take effect. How to reset the server ? Doe it affect any running services ?Thanks.
If it is your dev box, go and play aroung with it, but if this is a production server, IMO you should not reset the TS server during office hours irrespective of how much time it will take. You can do this after office hours or as Amit said, the system re-reads the configuration files at regular intervals, but no user would like to try to login at random.