Hi All,The error is the dropdown shows a 'blank' value even though the there is no such value coming from the database.
are you sure about that? have you added logging to your perl script that tells you what it's actually getting from the DB?I would suggest putting some logging into your perl script to make sure the perl is doing what you think it's doing and to record any errors it may be getting.
I am pretty sure about this, since if I run the script from command line it does not output any blank records....this is what my database access script essentially does to populate the select dropdown...while ( my @row = $sth->fetchrow_array ) { print "< option value=\"$row[0]$row[1]\" label = \"$row[1] $row[0]-$row[3]\" / > \n";}
yes yes that's all well and good but my question was have you added any logging to your script so you know FOR SURE that it in fact is a) making a connection to the database successfully and b) not throwing errors. What works at the command prompt doesn't translate into working from the web.
Follow this advice closely. There are threads every few weeks that go along the lines pf my perl script connects to the DB when I run it by hand but fails in a DCT/callserver/workflow/etcThe answer is invariable to set the EAs in the Perl script correctly (within a Begin statement) and execute.