Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Delete user from Worksite Library Manager
castiglioni
Hi
I am new to Worksite,
How can I delete the user from within worksite library manager.
I get no option to delete when I go to Trustees->Realms->LDAP subtree(xyz) -> user RDN on right pane.
2. Is there a way to synchronize passwords from AD. I mean whever a user changes his AD account password, is it possible that I synchronize the users in LDAP subtree and the worksite account passwords gets synchronized with the new password from AD.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Aiden
1. In general it's a very bad practice to delete users, ever. If you have a naming convention that allows users to use common names and thusly quickly use up the available names, you can follow the rename procedure to free up more common names by users that have left your company. In renaming the user you should retain the old username in the 'new' name.' It is ill advised to dump all defunct users under one ID. Several firms have had serious discovery issues resulting from that practice.
2. Interwoven provides an AD sync package, but I don't think it's free. It is however on the support site for download, and does operate as you've described.