Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to setup specific directories to specifics dct
tba
Hi all,
I would like to now how can i define, in the templating.cfg, that when a user is inside of specific foler is only able to see specific dct.
This is not relative to branches but to folders.
Thanks fro the help in advance.
TMK
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
By DCT I assume you mean a template type. I'm not sure if this works, but you can try putting <locations> as the first sub-element of the <data-type> element, and inside <locations> adding a <branch> element with a vpath-regex attribute, setting it to something like "/default/main/branchname/WORKAREA/[^/]+/desired/path"
IOW, I think the vpath-regex of a <branch> actually is compared against the complete current directory. No guarantee; but worth a try.
bw
Bob Walden [bob.walden@interwoven.com]
Interwoven Education Group
IM: Yahoo, MSN bob_walden
james1
> IOW, I think the vpath-regex of a <branch> actually is compared
> against the complete current directory. No guarantee; but worth a
> try.
Bob
I believe that the branch vpath is used to match against the regex, and in at least one instance, the workarea vpath is used (and a bug is filed against this behavior). I do not think that the complete vpath to the current directory is ever used. If it is used somewhere, I would not rely on that behavior, since it is supposed to use the branch vpath only.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Migrateduser
My bad--wasn't sure if it worked/was supported or not. Thought it was worth a try.
TMK: Is it an option to split the templates up into different branches based on accessibility, and assign users to branches based on which templates they should use? A customized submit workflow could merge the new DCRs into one "integration" branch for later processing.
bw
Bob Walden [bob.walden@interwoven.com]
Interwoven Education Group
IM: Yahoo, MSN bob_walden