Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
WorkflowModeller
Bhargav Coca
I was just been asked by my manager what is a "Good", "Fast" and "Efficient" way to implement a workflow? Is it through Workflow Modeller (Latest version 1.0.1.0) or writing a workflow from scratch in xml?
I still do not have a concrete answer for it, but I am not a WM person, how easy or how difficult is it to implement a working workflow using WM (Latest version)
Thank You
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msrinivas
Everything is relative!
It depends on where you are starting from. If you already have existing WFTs then there is a comfort level with that and a learning curve with WFMs. If you are starting new then WFMs certainly cut down and what you have to "write".
From a product perspective I think the direction is clearly in favor of WFMs although currently both are supported.
There was a DevNet web cast a few weeks ago about the same topic.
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/webcasts/docs/webcast-recordings.html#webcast08-10
HTH
nipper
There is no one answer here. I have implemented a couple very simple workflows with WFM. It was quite easy. Now I want to start doing some more of the complex things that I have always done in Perl. Not quite so easy as far as I can tell.
One thing I like to do is prevent a file from being in 2 jobs at the same time. That is easy to do in the Perl portion of a WFT. Doing that in WFM looks like it is possible, but just done differently.
I also do not know what I think of the Deploy tasks, I tend to do a bunch of things in my deploy perl (i.e. different files deploying to different areas) all of which you can do with creative deployment scripts, but also easy to do in Perl.
HTH
Andy