Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problem with InsertAsset_IndexExternal web service function
System
Hello,
When I go to call the InsertAsset_IndexExternal function, I get the following error:
Server was unable to process request. --> The file is not available at the specified path: \\valdevam001vm\MBCaptureProcess\CapturePressReadyPages\3-Completed\SWW\20090222\94-BEG0039088A-022209HR.pdf. Contact the administrator of the web service to correct this problem.
I've verified that the file is in that location, that there are no locks on the file, etc. I'm able to manually add the asset into Media Bin via the web interface, from the location where it says it's not available, but not through the web service.
I'm at a loss as to why this might be happening. Can anyone provide any assistance please?
Thanks,
Chris
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msrinivas
Are there any permissions restrictions on that share? May be the id that you are running your program with does not have permissions to read that share.
Migrateduser
The ID has full permissions. Nothing is preventing that. I can remote to the server under that ID and clearly see the file in the specified directory.
It seems to be failing in the MBPNetModel.MB.CheckFileExists function.
If I do a manual check via code such as
If System.IO.File.Exists(strSourcePath) Then
sJobID = m_mbConnection.InsertAsset_IndexExternal(strSourcePath, sFileName, p_ContainerGUID, mbTask(0).mID, Nothing, 850, False)
End If
It finds the file just fine, but MediaBin itself during its check can't. Odd.