Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
AutoNewProf.nrs
System
Hey all, I'm trying to create an nrs script which prevents you of bulk email filing using drag&drop.
For example I would like it only alerts you if you drag&drop more than 250 emails at the same time.
I was wondering that this could be done using the AutoNewProfile.nrs and managing the contextItems object but I don't know how I can manage.
- Is the any property of the contextIntems that tells you how many documents are moved?
- Is there any collection of objects that contains the information of what you are importing?
Thanks in advance
Javi
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
guido1
Hi Javi
I don't think there is a context item that represents a collection of the items being imported, because the AutoNewProf script runs for
every
email you drag into a folder.
So if you have 3 emails being autoprofiled you will find AutoNewProf code is launched 3 times also
regards
Guido
Migrateduser
You are right guido, I have checked all the context items and there is no informartion about how many docs you are importing.
I think there is no way of catching it? do you agree?
Cheers
Javi
guido1
That's right, I don't think this is possible using a simple NRS script
When you drag messages from Outlook to a FileSite folder what happens is that each selected message is individually exported to the %TEMP%\NetRight\import folder as a "~newmsg.msg" file.
In other words, whether you have Auto Profile switched on or not the export of each message is never actually done en masse as a collection, which is no doubt why you never see a collection of represented by a context item.
Possibly you may be able to hack together a workaround by implementing some kind of Outlook addin, and restricting message selection to under 250 items, but you wouldn't be able to tell if a user has selected these messages for the purpose of importing into FIleSite or for some other action such as deleting the messages. It would be an ugly solution!