Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
hidden DCT fields do not save data
Amanda_J_0204
Several attempts have been made to set a DCT to save data within a hidden item, in an xml file. When I've set the item I'm trying to hide as a text field, the field still displays, and is editable.
[html]
Type
success_stories
[/html]
Tried saving this as:
[html]
Type
success_stories
[/html]
This hid the form item, but the default text was not saved. I also tried:
[html]
[/html]
This resulted in the item being hidden for individuals with the reviewer role, but still required.
In the end, we decided to leave the item as a single item drop down menu, with the item selected so that the data is saved and so that end users can't modify it, but I'd prefer to have this hidden.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Faizi
Hi,
Try to use the below code this will solve the issue:
[html]
Type
success_stories
[/html]
As hidden is also an instance to capture the record so it will work.
Amanda_J_0204
That works - thank you.