Hi, I want to know that is there any limitation of teamsite/workflow to attach no of files. When I tried to attach around 1400 files it didn't work and no files were attached to the workflow.
Hi,I want to know that is there any limitation of teamsite/workflow to attach no of files. When I tried to attach around 1400 files it didn't work and no files were attached to the workflow.
Thanks to all, I think it was a system error. I tried the same after some time and it worked fine.
from the WF Dev guide:In the [workflow] section of the iw.cfg file, if external_task_add_filelist=false,then the list of task files will not be added to the argument list. The default value is true for backwards compatibility. However, it is recommended that you change it to false.Setting it to false is generally preferred because developers can use theTeamSite::WFtask method GetFiles() to retrieve the list of files associated with the task, rather than pulling them from the command line arguments.-- AND--It is worth noting that a task can potentially have a very large number of files. If the [workflow] section of the server’s iw.cfg file contains an entry forexternal_task_add_filelist set to false, then the list of task files are not added to the argument list. Although the default value of this parameter is true, it is recommended that you change it to false, particularly on a Windows server where the length of the command line can overrun the size of the command buffer.
Although they mention Windows, it applies to other OS's too, I had this issue on Linux with too many files attached to my WF and changing this setting fixed it.