Not able to edit using pencil icon in backoffice

Options

Hi,

After I login into Backoffice as admin, I edited a custom type which uses a image attribute. I click browse and get OT asset selector and was able to assign it. Now once the asset is assigned, I click on the pencil icon to open the Edit scrren. But it does not open up like it does in Product cockpit or CMS cockpit. Is that expected behavior? If so how can someone view/edit the asset that was assigned?

Comments

•  

See the highlighted in red.

Untitled1.png

From: eLink Entry: Discuss Digital Asset Management for SAP Solutions [damforsap@elinkkc.opentext.com]
    Sent: Monday, January 11, 2016 6:31 PM
    To: eLink Recipient
    Subject: Not able to edit using pencil icon in backoffice

Not able to edit using pencil icon in backoffice  Posted by Kosaraju, Niranjan On 01/11/2016 07:29 PM

Hi,After I login into Backoffice as admin, I edited a custom type which uses a image attribute. I click browse and get OT asset selector and was able to assign it. Now once the asset is assigned, I click on the pencil icon to open the Edit scrren. But it does not open up like it does in Product cockpit or CMS cockpit. Is that expected behavior? If so how can someone view/edit the asset that was assigned?

[To post a comment, use the normal reply function]
    Forum: Discuss Digital Asset Management for SAP Solutions
    Content Server: Knowledge Center
  • Hi Niranjan,

if you click on the pencil in the "OTMM Media Reference Editor" a CockpitNG socket output message is send with id "showDefaultReferenceEditor" and type "com.hybris.cockpitng.data.TypeAwareSelectionContext". The dialog which is supposed to open is called "Collection Editor Area group" and comes from hybris. In order to make this happen, the output socket "showDefaultReferenceEditor" of "OTMM Media Reference Editor" must be connected with input socket "inputDataInput" of "Collection Editor Area group".

The according steps to make this connection are described at chapter "3.4.1 Configuring sockets for Media Reference Editor".

As an alternative you can add the following two lines at "otmmaddonbackoffice\resources\otmmaddonbackoffice-backoffice-widgets.xml":

<widget-connection sourceWidgetId="STUB_com.opentext.hybris.otmmconnector.backoffice.editors.mediareferenceeditor" outputId="showDefaultReferenceEditor" targetWidgetId="collectionEditorAreaGroup" inputId="inputDataInput"/>

<widget-connection sourceWidgetId="STUB_com.opentext.hybris.otmmconnector.backoffice.editors.mediareferenceeditor" outputId="inputObject" targetWidgetId="editorArea" inputId="inputObject"/>

Best regards

Clemens

Sent: Dienstag, 12. Januar 2016 09:24
    To: Clemens Reimann
    Cc: Xaver Fischer
    Subject: FW: RE Not able to edit using pencil icon in backoffice

Hi Clemens,

Can you look at this posted topic and reply?

Many thanks

From: eLink Entry: Discuss Digital Asset Management for SAP Solutions [mailto:damforsap@elinkkc.opentext.com]
    Sent: den 12 januari 2016 01:37
    Subject: RE Not able to edit using pencil icon in backoffice

[Attachments exceeded pre-set size limits. Use the links provided to access]

RE Not able to edit using pencil icon in backoffice

Posted by Kosaraju, Niranjan On 01/11/2016 07:37 PM

See the highlighted in red.

Untitled1.png

From: eLink Entry: Discuss Digital Asset Management for SAP Solutions [damforsap@elinkkc.opentext.com]
    Sent: Monday, January 11, 2016 6:31 PM
    Subject: Not able to edit using pencil icon in backoffice

Posted by Kosaraju, Niranjan On 01/11/2016 07:29 PM

Hi,

After I login into Backoffice as admin, I edited a custom type which uses a image attribute. I click browse and get OT asset selector and was able to assign it. Now once the asset is assigned, I click on the pencil icon to open the Edit scrren. But it does not open up like it does in Product cockpit or CMS cockpit. Is that expected behavior? If so how can someone view/edit the asset that was assigned?

Forum:

Discuss Digital Asset Management for SAP Solutions

Content Server:

Knowledge Center

Attachment Links:

Untitled1.png (66 KB)

Topic:

Forum:

Discuss Digital Asset Management for SAP Solutions

Content Server:

Knowledge Center

• Thanks, it looks to be working as expected.