Hey all,
TS6.7.1 SP2 P3
Win2K3
MT 4.1.2
I'm trying to implement dc.coverage.spatial metatags in our project. I have a taxonomy of 246 countries which we use to create a browse-only project.
A couple of issues that we're encountering that perhaps someone can point me in the right direction to solve.
1 - Thie minor issue is when clicking the Add/Edit button in the TaggingUI to populate the countries pick-list, the browse-only picker takes quite a long time to render (if it renders at all). Often the only way to get it to render is click "Ok" and then click "Cancel" (which seems to remove any previous values). When the browse-only picker does render, selecting 'All' countries takes a good 45-50 seconds to populate the right hand side.
I believe this to be a resources issue and will have to test on the test production environment with more ram and processing...2 - The
real issue is that when the user selects all of the countries, and (waits 50 secs) then 'Save and Close' on the TagginUI, and 'Finish' on the DCT, the resulting UID string within the DCR's properties is truncated at 4095 characters.
The properties page ofthe DCT would look as follows...
TeamSite/Metadata/descriptive/dc.coverage.international: AFGHANISTAN,ÅLAND ISLANDS,ALBANIA,~242 terms later~,ZIMBABWE
TeamSite/Metadata/descriptive/dc.coverage.international_codes: DCCOVERAGEINTERNATIONAL::ENG001,DCCOVERAGEINTERNATIONAL::ENG002,DCCOVERAGEINTERNATIONAL::ENG003... ~122 UID's later~ DCCOVERAGEINTERNATIONAL::ENG125,DCC <-- stops right here
I noted that it doesn't truncate clean at the end of a UID but actually into the next one.. 'DCC' The UID String is exactly 4095 characters.
Is there some buffer, or other parameter that I should be looking at? I'd appreciate any advice.
Thank you.