Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How the XSLT knows which DCR it is processing ?
Mohamed
Hello,
I would like to get the extended attributes in XSLT. I know that I can do that using the Xalan extensions. But my question is how do we know the vpath of the DCR to pass to the extension routine to get the extended attributes ? In other words, how the XSLT knows which DCR it is processing and the vpath of it ?
Thanks & Regards,
Mohamed
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
vpatel
In other words, how the XSLT knows which DCR it is processing and the vpath of it ?
Currently Xalan conforms to XSL 1.0 standard. In XSL 1.0, there is no way of figuring out which file is being transformed. I believe it is so because the transformer is agnostic whether it is transforming a XML file or a XML string or something else that is XML.
However, what is available in Xalan is that you can pass parameters, say in your case the DCR path, to the transformer and retrieve that in your XSL. Baring any updates in TS 6.7.2 SP1 that I am unaware of, DCR path is not passed as a parameter to the transformer -- it is something that Engr'ing will have to provide as a FR.
Meanwhile, what you can do is this: store the DCR path as a hidden value within your DCR itself. That way you can access it directly in your XSL :-). You may run into issues if that hidden field and the actual DCR path is not kept in sync. With an onSave event, you could always sync it up -- with a few areas to watch out for. But overall it could work well.
HTH!
crosstab_percent.png
JessicaD
Hi vpatel,
So what happens if we have a path reference in the textarea of a DCR and we need to pass that attribute to the document function? Support tells me that TeamSite sees the textarea as a string and I have to manipulate it as such. Can I use Xalan's nodeset to convert it (and how would I do that - nothing I've tried is working), or am I stuck not being able to access the attributes in the textarea code?