Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD "remembering" simulated deployment?
bagman
I'm running OD 6.1.1 base and receivers on Solaris and have run into an interesting situation.
I normally run filelist based deployments so don't have to worry about comparisons. However, on occasion, I do want deploy entire project-related workareas from multiple branches to the same server.
I've been working on a Perl script to automate this process and thought I had it nailed. However, when I ran it a number of files older in the source didn't deploy and realized I didn't have the dateDifferent parameter set. I corrected and tried it again. Still didn't deploy the older files. I checked the docs and figured out that part of the deployment configurations changed even though the 5.5.2 options still should have worked.
I updated my configs and ran in -sim mode to test. I checked the manifest and logs and there were my files. So, I took the -sim param out of my script and ran it "live". The only difference in the commands were the sim flag and an instance variable. The files didn't deploy. I checked different items and logs and ran it multiple times.
On a whim, I decided to bounce the OD base and receiver and ran my script again. Sure enough it worked like a charm. So, I'm wondering why didn't work after I took it out of simulation mode? Did it remember the previous comparison and think it had actually deployed those files?
Has anyone run into this before? Am I going to have to bounce my base and receivers after doing any area based deployment? It seems quite bizarre to me.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet