Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Advice on TS document access
Amit_LnT
Hi,
I have a requirement to give client application read access to the TS documents from TS server. I just need to give a read document to client app and nothing else.
I can use the TS web URL to access it.(with some session coding require on client application)
Or I can write a Perl script with parameter as file name and send the stream file to the client browser. (No client session development).
I need some advise on which would be better/simpler approach to go with.
Env: TS 6.5 SP2, windows server 2003.
Thanks,
Amit
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Amit_LnT
Any one for this..
nipper
I do not know that TS plays a great role in this. Since they would need a TS license to be able to view the documents, I doubt that would be worth while.
You certainly could set up another preview instance (point IIS/Apache to the Staging Area) and let people have read access to the docs. I do this all the time. However since these are docs and not a web page you still need a front end. Yes a perl CGI is an easy front end to write (or find a cheep/free portal) but still is that much better than picking up sharepoint or something like that ?
patrickm
I've done something similar in the past. I've opened up port 81 (your custom app server) to provide read access to your store. My external application knew the file name and paths, so it was just a matter of calling
http://yourserver:81/iwmount/etc
.... to retrieve the file via http. No authentication needed.
Amit_LnT
reference though IIS at given port will be simple enough for me now..
Thanks guys.. appreciate your time..