Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Link to a WorkSpace without WorkSite Web?
Carbon
I’m looking to see if there is a solution to a customer issue that we are facing. Right now, the only way to link to a workspace is if the client has the WorkSite Web or WebParts product. I’m trying to figure out a way to write a link that will take the user’s into DeskSite or FileSite and set the focus on that workspace. This would be integrated into an automated workspace creation process that we already have in place.
Background:
Currently, there is a custom developed web application that users enter information into. When they click on the “submit” button, this app is writing to a database table. We are picking up the info from that table, doing some processing, and creating the workspace automatically. We also parse the log and then push the new workspace to the users using the shortcut generator. What we’re trying to accomplish is the ability to also provide a link back to that workspace that we can put on the web application after the workspace is created. Clicking on this link would ideally open DeskSite, and set the focus to this workspace.
Possible Solution:
What I’m thinking is that we could write the equivalent of nrl.exe, but call it wrl.exe. We would then feed a custom format which would be handled by the exe to somehow pass an API / WorkSpace search using variables from the string. When the app opens it would have focus. The problem that I’m running into is that I don’t think it’s possible to take control of manage32 and pass it that API string without hardcoding key strokes (icky icky).
Have you encountered anything like this before? Or, can you think of another way around this problem?
Thanks in advance!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Shadow114
Hi Carbon
Did you manage to get this working at all? I have a similar requirement with an app that I can't add custom menu items to so looking to replace a doc link with something that takes me to the workspace in Filesite.
Carbon
Ended up using WorkSite Web. Then programatically generated the URL's (the page is just the projnum)
Shadow114
Thanks. Might have to do the same.