Hi, I'm using OpenDeployUX4.5 and running it as a non-root user on the endpoint. [...]and the logs give the following errors:ERROR: Failed applying access to (path_to_file)ERROR: Could not get file data(./filename) from socket.which has a possible Cause:Need to run OD as root.We are using Teamsite 6.1, does anyone know if it's possible to run opendeploy as a non-root user with this version or whether I'll need to upgrade to 6.7? Thanks in advance.Ben
Your right it is ancient and the upgarde process is something that is being looked at though with 1000's of applications it's a drawn out process. All I wanted to know was whether with our version it was mandatory to run the client process as root when the od-admin role is set to root on the master?Thanks
9 years - thats longer than I've been in IT!! Ok I'll take another look at the documentation but I believe this feature was added in 6.7.1. Antway thanks for your replies!!