Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problem with Global/syatm variables in WFM
garima
My requirement is:
1.Once the user creates a dcr and attaches to a workflow,after approval, the reviewer is given an option to chose the deployment date,
2.Based on this i want to set timeout for deploy task.
I am doing it in WFM 1.0.1.1. and finding very diificult with the using system/job variables.
I created a system variable $IW_CV(deploydate).Now in my timeout transition I am setting the timeout to $IW_CV(deploydate) .But not able to run the workflow.It works only when I remove $IW_CV from timeout setting.
Any help related to using system/global would be apprecaited .
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Pawan
Where are you setting the timeout? It should be the dummy task, there is no mention of it in the information you provided. How is the reviewer setting the deploydate, which task is it?
garima
After the reviewer selects option of 'Deploy Later' in a cgi task and selects a deploy date,an edition is created, it then goes to a dummy task and then will wait till the timeout.Then based on the date provided by him,deploy should be done.
Pawan
Have you verified the time is set correctly with correct format in the dummy task and the variable $IW_CV(deploydate)? where is the problem, does the dummy task stands forever or does it immediately transitions to the deploy task? When you say you are not able to run the workflow, means not able to initiate the workflow at all.
garima
yes, the it shows the workflow form and then gives an error saying cannot instatntiate workflow.
Pawan
If the modeller is validating the workflow before publish, then its giving runtime error while forming the job spec file. Check out for the configurable variable you are creating $IW_CV(deploydate) and check the logs.
vijetha
I think the variable "$IW_CV(deploydate)" is not replacing any value in the timeout that's why workflow is not initiating. I am not sure how can we make timeout dynamic using configurable variable. But using SetTimeout function same can be achieved. Get the task time out object and set the time out from the CGI task using the SetTimeout function.