Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to set FileSite/Outlook folder view?
jasonb_UK
I have a process which creates folders in workspaces for organising filed email content in a Worksite 8.2 environment.
The folders are being created using the AddNewDocumentFolderInheriting method of the IManDocumentFolders object.
When the user browses to the newly-created folder in FileSite 8.2, the folder always displays as 'FileSite Default View' (on the Current View dropdownlist on the Outlook toolbar).
I want the folders I'm creating to default to 'FileSite Email View', but can't figure out how to do it.
Can anyone help me?
thanks,
Jason
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi Jason, I have solved this using a workaround.
If the folder has an email address asigned the default view in outlook/filesite is the E-Mail View.
The folders has a field in the projects table called EMAIL for storing the address in case you are using Worksite Communication Server. If this field is NULL you will get the default view, however if it is different to NULL the view in filesite will be the expected (From, To, ...).
What I did with the API is once you have created the folder, you can assign a value to this property of the object folder. After calling the update method it gets a value different to NULL.
Also, a good solution is using Worksite Web for configuring your Workspace Templates. If you create your workspaces using templates, and you edit them with Worksite Web, in the properties of the folder you can check a feature called "Asign an email address to the folder", even if you are not using Communication Server, doing this the EMAIL field won't be null and users will see that particular folder with an email view.
hope it helps mate,
Javi
jasonb_UK
trabajo fantástico, javi!
all I needed to do was set the EmailPrefix property of the iManFolder object and it worked perfectly. Exactly what I was looking for.
gracias mucho!
jason