Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Permission at Branch Level
spayal
Permission for the workarea is granted at workarea level only. If I grant permission for a user at branch level then again I have to grant that user at the workarea level , right ? And permissions dont get inherited at the workarea level.
If I grant a user permission to a specific workarea without granting him permission, that permission will work , right ?
So whats the need to grant permission at branch level ? What will happen if I dont grant user permission at branch level and directly grant access at workarea level ?
regards.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jcse
Hi
You are absolutely correct for all points that are :
If I grant permission for a user at branch level then again I have to grant that user at the workarea level , right ? And permissions dont get inherited at the workarea level.
If I grant a user permission to a specific workarea without granting him permission, that permission will work , right ?
As far as the need is concern, it depends on the requirement that How you want to restrict and allow users for operating on Work areas ?.
For you Question "What will happen if I dont grant user permission at branch level and directly grant access at workarea level ?",the answer can be that Nothing will happen if that branch has only one workarea,the user can perform various operations on that workarea depending on its role,But if that branch have more than one workarea then user can not access other workareas of that branch.
So, sometimes we give user permissions at branch level as well as workarea level.Finally its all depends on the requirement.
nirali
If a branch has more than one work areas and you grant permissions at branch level, still its not going to work at work area level. I have to grant permissions at work area level individually even if permissions are granted at branch level. So whats the point in granting permissions at branch level ?
Pls explain.
TextFieldOnYAxis.zip
akashmishra17
Hello All,
-I have 2 folders folder1 & folder2 in a same work area but they are different category.
-I have 2 users Folder1user and folder2user
-I wan't Folder1user can access only folder1 and folder2user can access only folder2 How can I achieve this.
What I have done up to now is...
Change the templating.cfg
category name="Folder1">
locations>
branch vpath-regex=".*" />
/locations>
data-type name="MyFolder1" dcr-type="xml">
allowed>
not>
cred user="folder2user">
/cred>
/not>
/allowed>
presentation>
template name="news.tpl" extension="html">
locations>
branch vpath-regex=".*" preview-dir="/website/">
directory dir-regex=".*" />
/branch>
/locations>
/template>
/presentation>
/data-type>
/category>
and second thing I am also handling them from administrator tab....but either I am not acievieng it fully or If its working like Folder1user can not see folder2 and can go in to folder1 but it does not have right to edit or newfile and other modifications in Folder1.....
Thanks,
Akash