Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Synchronizing Dynamic Drop Down across Replicants
Firenze
Using Datasource to manage values in a drop down that can change based on other values selected in the Form.
This drop down can appear across n-number of replicants.
Since the values in the drop down can change after form instantiation, I need to keep the drop downs in the existing replicant instances and subsequent new replicant instances in sync.
I am planning on doing the syncing with FormAPI and handling OnReplicantAdd (and/or related events).
Just wanted to drop a post here to see if anyone has done anything similar and has a slick suggestion for easily keeping the drop downs in sync across all the replicant instances.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
No magic bullet available, just a lot of JS coding. I have done it before and yes you have the right idea.
One thing to consider, I create a hidden field with all the entries and select all via FAPI. When a replicant is added I read from it instead of callserver. When you open an existing DCR, it can read this list to populate all the replicants.