Hi There,
I was asked to come up with a Edition Report with the following field values:
1. Edition Name
2. Created (Date and Time)
3. Created By
4. Description
5. Submit Log (No. of submits, No fo files)
Of the above 5 fields, first four fields I got the info from iwattrib, for the Submit Log fields, I used iwevent to find out the number for Submits and files. I have the following issues when I use iwevent:
1. The report takes quite a while to comeup with the report. Looks like iwevents is the culprit, is there any efficient way to do this?
2. After getting the number of submits and number of files, I compared it withe the TeamSite Edition Properties, though the number files is correct, the number of submits is incorrect. I used the following code to determine the number of submits and number of files using the output of iwevents for a specific edition.
[html]
@submit_file_count = `$iwhome/bin/iwevents -s -n '$edition_path' 'all'`;
print LOG "$iwhome/bin/iwevents -s -n 'edition_path' 'all'\n";
foreach my $rec (
@submit_file_count) {
if ($rec =~ m/FILE/ or $rec =~ m/DIRECTORY/) {
$filecount = $filecount + 1;
$split_rec = (split(/\]/, $rec))[0];
$dateNtime = (split(/\[/, $split_rec))[1];
print LOG "The Date and Time is : $dateNtime\n";
if ($dateNtime ne $firtstDateNTime) {
$submit_log = $submit_log + 1; }
$firtstDateNTime = $dateNtime;
}
}
print "$submit_log Submits ($filecount Files)";
[/html]
Please suggest me if there are any other ways to get the Submit Log. 'Fish', I guess Report Center can do this, for now my client is not implementing Report Center.
Thanks in Advance.
Regards,