Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
preview_system_directory
System
Hi,
I am trying to make a preview of some dcr go into the htdocs directory.
I've tried to put in the iw.cfg file:
iw.cfg:
[teamsite_templating]
preview_system_directory=htdocs
preview_system_directory=/htdocs
preview_system_directory=/templatedata/preview (I created that directory)
The directory structure is:
/default/main/branchName/WORKAREA/waName
under waName, there is templatedata, htdocs images, styles, scripts
Since the html generated refers to directories back of the current directory, it won't find the images and style sheets. If I manually generate or move the (generated) preview file to htdocs, it works fine. Is there a way to make sure that the generated preview file is in waName/htdocs instead of just waName?
I am on TeamSite 6.7.2 SP1 on Windows Server 2003.
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Perhaps you need to use a proxy statement for your images and such instead of trying to move the preview file?
The documentation for preview_system_directory is kind of terse, but it only references the manifest file
not
the actual output file for previewing, so it may not do what you want.
RonaldV
Hi,
you are actually asking at least 2 question in one go:
Q1: how can I set the directory where preview-files are stored?
A1: Via 'preview-dir' in templating.cfg. Pls refer to the manual. Note that the most-used-practice as I know it is to set this to /temp. I would
NOT
use the htdocs-directory in your case (to avoid mixing 'real' files with 'temp-preview'-files)!
Q2: how can preview-files 'find' referenced files (like images)?
A2: that depends how your images are refered to. F.i.:
-
http://www.my-image-server.com/myimage.gif:
that will work ootb
- /img/myimage.gif: that wil work ootb through iwproxy
- img/myimage.gif or ../img/myimage.gif: this requires configuration of iwproxy. Refer to the manual
BUT NOTE
that this is not a prefered way to refer to images (when using teamsite; in my opinion)!
Hope this helps
Migrateduser
Thanks Ghoti and RonaldV.
There should be a kb article or better documentation for that option in iw.cfg. You would think by the name that is where the output of the html file would reside. I've changed the tpl file to not reference the ../ directory and all the preview is working correctly picking up stylesheets and images.