Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Protocol Handler for Sharepoint
DannyBoy
Hi all,
Does anyone have much experience with this?
I have installed the handler with MOSS 2007 and been playing around using some different profile fields to restrict the content crawled by the handler and the size of the resulting data source.
I'm getting some patchy results, in particular with a custom matter number field we use. Certain numbers work each time whilst others in the same format never work, including of course the one we want to use. All the crawl log returns is a single entry saying the document cannot be crawled because the remote server did not respond within the timeout but it does not go on to try the others as I would maybe expect.
I'm not even sure how to troubleshoot if anyone can procide any ideas
Thanks in advance
Dan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Dan,
How many databases are you indexing? Did you try to index only sub set to see if number of documents sharePoint shows in managed property matches with your expected result set? Some time you have to do "Full crawl" couple of times to get all correct metadata. Its more of a SharePoint issue.
What you mean by by patchy results? Are you not seeing your documetns when you search by say custom2:soem values? Are you searching by the alias or the description ? Does the description of those matters in questions has special characters?
Thanks
Sheetal
www.docstree.com
sheetal@docstree.com
DannyBoy
Hello Sheetal
Thanks for the response. I had been trying to use values from a custom field to limit the number of documents returned from one database. Nothing unusual about the values but some always work and some didn't. The ones that didn't always had a single error in the crawl log about timeout value being exceeded when crawling the document. I thought this was a red herring because I upped the timeout value to a recommended value (200 secs) and it made no difference and also because I would have expected the crawl to move onto the next document in the collection rather than just stop.
Anyway, in the end I went back and upped the timeout value to something huge like 500 secs and it did the trick.
Dan
Migrateduser
Denny
You might have soem network/dns issue which might be causing the Indexer to poll the Worksite server slowly or extra round trips. Or your worksite server is too busy during that time. Usuallly it doesnt take that long..
Anyway I am glad it worked
Thanks
Sheetal
sheetal@docstree.com
www.docstree.com