Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Does an asset's GUID change after import?
Bill Klish
MediaBin 4.5.3
Windows 2003 EE SP1
SQL Server 2000 SP4
We have written a custom application that leverages MediaBin web services. It appears that we cannot key off of an assets GUID, since it appears it changes if the file is moved within the repository. Once an asset is created and imported into MediaBin, shouldn't the GUID remain intact even if it is moved to additional folders, renamed, etc.?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msrinivas
AFAIK, it does not change. May be you are looking at a reference copy(?). Post your code.
lyman
A move or rename will not change the GUID. A coy or reference copy will have its own GUID. Moving from one MB to another for example via Syndication Manager will change the GUID as well.
Depending on security it is posisble for user A to move an asset to a folder inaccessible to user B at which point user B will simply get an "object not found" error.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
Bill Klish
I will look into the user security settings to validate if that is true. I believe I ran the test as myself, who is a member of the MBPAdmin group.
I will post a code snippet if this in fact fails.
Bill Klish
It appears that this is end user error. They were copying and deleting instead of moving.