Hi ALL,When you go to //fsdets1/storename/main/branchname/EDITION with Editor role I can see "New Edition" link just before "compare" link on both 6.5.0 and 6.7.2 Teamsite version.Is there any way to disable that link ?
Q-1--->Other than editor which role you have ?Q-2--->Are you a TeamSite Master ?By using the ManageRoles Link under the Administration Tab,you can remove that link(means the link will not be displayed for the that user),but for that you should only have Editor Role ?Because in TS user can have multiple roles and user will have the permissions according to every role.So, if one role will allow "New Edition",and other restrict the user,the user will still have open side for "New Edition".
Pbse,For master and admin,as I said customization can be done. Thanks,
I don't think we can disable that link via customization from iw-home\local\config\lib\content_center\customer_src. But I have not read the manual clearly, I will go through it. I am saying this from my past experience.Other way which the Jcse has suggested can be done.We want to disable that link for all editiors. But we have a workflow using which we allow editor to take edition. The owner of task is one who initiates the workflow, as he has been disabled to take edition, edition will mot get created, as 6.7.2 external tasks run with owner as specified user not as like 6.5.0 with system as user.
Santosh,Thank you Sir. My requirement is not to remove from File menu. Go to any Edition at the top right corner you will find two links "New Edition" and "Compare". We want to disable that link.