Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Setting up a second Worksite database
kuruption213
Hello,
I currently have an instance of Worksite setup, however I have another office looking to use Worksite as well. This second office would like a completely different folder structure, different custom fields on a document profile, different users, etc.
In order to accomodate this new project I would like to setup a second database, however use the same Application server as the original instance. So far I have tried to create a duplicate second Worksite database however I am not able to connect to the database through the DB Admin. Is there any documentation or can any one provide any insight on how best to do proceed.
Thanks,
Jesse
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
wolfgang
Hi,
to insert a second database to the WorkSite server you will have to modify the list of served databases for the WorkSite server from the "Service Manager". I take it you already set up an ODBC connection entry for the second database.
However, if the users of the two databases tend to be different ones (different companies?), I would suggest considering using a second WorkSite server. For instance, if you have two users with the same USERID but different login credentials (password or LDAP constainer) by conincidence, you will most probably end up with one of the both users automatically disabled after three unsuccessful login attempts.
HTH, Wolfgang