I see following entries in iwevents.log all the time. but dont ub=nderstand them.1) ChooseTransition - Its an activity that a user is doing. What does this mean ?2) TaskActivate and TaskGoActive - I see all the time TaskActivate, TaskInactivate and TaskGoActive with every user logon. Whats the difference between these tasks.3) I see deployment log file in OD and want to find out whi started this deployment. So I ckeck the time stamp and look for the same time stamp in iwevents.log file. But all the time on this time stamp, the user I see is master(which is SYSTEM) and when I go little above then I see the user name. So I guess user initiates the wf and when it reaches the deployment task, SYSTEM triggers this deployment. Only thing is there is 10 seconds gap between the user starting the job and external task being triggered. Does it take this long for wf to reach deployment task? Pls explain.
Thanks. That helps.When a user chooses an option task related to that option becomes active and when that task completes it becomes inactive and the next task becomes active, right ?Can you pls explain whats the difference between TaskActivate and TaskGoActive ?thanks
[date] userid role ChooseTransition wf-name wfid EmailTask58 0xd03 0 Flow59 3 areavpath[date] userid role TaskActivate wf-name wfid ExternalTask2 0xd01 EmailTask58 0xd03 areavpath[date] userid role TaskInactivate wf-name wfid EmailTask58 0xd03 areavpath[date] userid role TaskGoActive wf-name wfid ExternalTask2 0xd01 areavpath
[1]aim\ravi.kumar editor Submit areavpath 0x00004150000000002bg1kn5[2]SYSTEM master TaskActivate publish_content 0xbmmek deploy_content 0xbmmej submit_to_staging 0xbmmei areavpath[3]SYSTEM master TaskInactivate publish_content 0xbmmek submit_to_staging 0xbmmej areavpath[4]SYSTEM master TaskGoActive publish_content 0xbmmek deploy_content 0xbmmej areavpath[5]SYSTEM master TaskInvokeExternal publish_content 0xbmmek deploy_content 0xbmmej areavpath[6]SYSTEM master TaskCalledBack publish_content 0xbmmek deploy_content 0xbmmej 0 3 areavpath[7]SYSTEM master ChooseTransition publish_content 0xbmmek deploy_content 0xbmmej 0 3 areavpath
Values of taskID and jobID are not real, but similar to real.This is from wft workflowTeamSite6.7.1 SP1.1 How do you figure out that first task is submit_to_staging ? (Logically it is. In the log files , is there any order by which I can figure out which task is first or is there any number in taskID which suggest which task is first ? I noticed, in the taskID, only last digit is changing for different tasks. Is that the right way to check which task is first ? If yes, then still theer is confusion. Some tasks dont have digit or letter in sequence e.g. submit_to_staging has task ID as 0xbmmei, deploy_content has task ID as 0xbmmej. In this case we can say submit_to_staging is a task prior to deploy_content. Now the next task externalTask has taskID as 0xbmme6. So how to relate this task with other tasks. I can say with workflow Id, I can judge this task belongs to this particular wf. But how to figure out its priority with such taskID ? Whenever TaskActive entry is there, it will just say taskID 1 activates taskID 2. It wont mention the tasks which are not immediately activated by taskID 1 right ? Eventhough taskID 3 will be activated by taskID 2, it will be shown in log entry only when taskID 2 activates this taskID 3 and not when taskID 1 activates taskID 2. Can one task activate 2 tasks ? OR can two tasks activate one task ?2 In TaskActivate there are two tasks. So the taskID with lower digit number or letter is the task which activates other task, right ? In all the log entries, workflow name and jobId are there. Does it mean that all these tasks belong to that particular wf. So in that way, all the log entries pertaining to a workflow will always have wf ID mentioned, right ?3 In TaskInactivate, there will be one task only right or can there be more than one task ? In any case if there is one task or more all those tasks are being deactivated, right ?4 What happens when the CallBack is invoked ?Thanks