Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DCR | Creation Date and Modification Date in hidden field
rohitspathak123
Hi,
I need to store DCR creation date & DCR modification date in DCT hidden fields ( CREATE_DATE and MOD_DATE) whenever a DCR is created or modified. I need to pass these two field in Data Deploy configuration script.
Or is there any way to get these value directly from DCR properties in Data Deploy configuration script.
Whats the best way to do this. Will using 'inline' help me in this situation. If someone has the same requirement please share the approach.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
2 choices: you could do this in FormAPI with a callserver, run it once on init when the DCR has no name, the other on save.
The other way is write a DD preprocessor that reads the create date and modified date and puts that information into the DB. Note: I have never done the latter, but it should work.
AlternateHighlightInCrosstab.rptdesign
rohitspathak123
Hi,
Thanks for you quick reply.
I tried calling the callServer, but I am facing a mojor issue with it. callServer script executes successfully...but i get javascript error when I try to save my DCR. This is not leting me save the DCR. Attached is my DCT & callServer script. Please check if I am doing somethign wrong in my callServer script.
I have a simple DCT which makes call to a perl script to get ID (from database). I am able to get the value and populate in the DCT 'ID' field. But after the execution of this callServer script, I am getting a javascript debug error on DCT form. If I turn the debugger on, following in the script which debugger is pointing to: Code:
var IWSerializer = new Object();
Below is the error code
IWSerializer.CDATASTART=""; IWSerializer.encoding = "UTF-8"; function processForTransport(str) { if (str.search("]]>") < 0) { return IWSerializer.CDATASTART + str + IWSerializer.CDATAEND; } else { return XMLEscape(str); } } function XMLEscape(str) { //Implementation is the same as HTML escape. return HTMLEscape(str); }
The debugger is pointing to "{ if (str.search("]]>") < 0) " line
The value in 'str' is '64' which is the sequence number i am getting from database.
I must be doing something seriouly wrong with callServer.
Please help Nipper.
Rohit
nipper
You need to go through your own code & debug it. I doubt anyone here will do it for you.
Your code has a lot more functionality than what you say you need.
Start small and make a call server that returns the server time only and try that.