I have a group created on OS and I am trying to add this group as sharing group on a workarea. When I click OK after selecting the group, I get an error message Invalid group. whats this due to ?How can I add this group as sharing group ?Thnks
HiIs your OS group also an TS Group.As i think that a OS Group can not share an workarea until and unless it will not be an TS Group.When you add some user or group to a workarea then it shows the list of TS Users and TS Group not OS Group.That is why you are getting the error message of Invalid Group.So,Adding your OS Group as an TS Group will sort your problem.
OS Groups are OS Groups - not TS GroupsTS Groups are TS Groups - not OS GroupsEither group can be used for group-for-sharing of a branch or workarea within TeamSite - however nesting of OS groups does not always work as cleanly as people would like, whereas nesting of TS groups, as far as I know, does work well.