Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
onSaveDone | Value not getting stored
rohitspathak123
Hi,
I want to save the DCR Path in a hidden field when the user saves a DCR. I have created a function which gives me DCR Path in DCT. I call this function at 'onSaveDone'.
Problem is that I am getting the DCRPath and eventhough I am setting the value to hidden field (DcrPath) but still this value is not getting saved to the hidden field (DcrPath)
Is "onSaveDone" the right event to call my function , or is it too late for saving any content in DCR ?
To which event should I register my function so that i can save DcrPath in hidden field.
Please help
~ R
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
that is too late, the FormAPI manual, page 23 shows the flow, just try onSave
There are some decent threads that talk about issues with OnSave, try searching for OnSave & timeout
rohitspathak123
But at 'onSave' we have not yet entered the DCR filename. So how do we get the file name information.
Is there any other way to do this ?
Rohit
nipper
well, then you cannot do what you are trying to do.
Why do you need the DCR name to insert data ?
Why do you allow a user to set a name anyway ? I prefine names wheneever possible and in those cases that cannot, I have a field that the user enters (and becomes readonly) where I set the name
Firenze
If you are letting the user specify the DCRName, then you can use the event, onSaveNameSpecified .