Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Disaster Recovery in TeamSite
Ramamoorthy
Hi,
Needs some inputs on how to implement disaster recovery in TeamSite.Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Hi,
Needs some inputs on how to implement disaster recovery in TeamSite.Thanks in advance.
That's a very loaded question - a lot more information would be needed to even begin to try to answer it - and even then it would be a difficult question to answer in a public forum like this.
On the positive side, if you can attend GearUp next year - I know someone who is hoping to put on a presentation of how this was done for one of their customers.... but that's all I'm prepared to say about it at this point.
cesarecastro
Disaster Recovery
There are many ways to do this. It really depends on your environment and budget. But I can give you a couple of examples which you could take some ideas from.
a) Passive (Stand-by server) - On a n ightly basis (or what ever time interval you want) a set of identified files are copied over to the Standby server to provide an exact copy of the Production server. The files included are Teamsite and OD configuration files, Content Stores (Frozen Please), wfts, and any other files the Passive server will need to run just like the production server in case it catches on fire. You can use OD to do all of this.
b) DR backups (No StandBy Server) - This is where your server ops team backs up to tape all the files that you have identified (same as above) for later recovery in case the server catches on fire or someone manages to delete your content store.
c) A Server snap shot. Need I say more?
Now, if you want a complete description of the process and everything that is involved, I would recommend talking to one of the independent profesionals. The Teamsite Admin guide also has a section on Disaster Recovery. Because there is alot more to DR then what I just listed here. I just wanted to get you thinking......