Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Failure in Operation
rajnag
I am trying to submit the workarea to the staging. I am getting Failure in Operation error.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Provide more detail. How are you moving assets from the workarea to Staging? How are you logged in? How is the error being reported?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
rajnag
I used CLT to submit the staging.
iwsubmit \default\main\Nationwide\Test\WORKAREA\Project3wa 'submit to statging
i got error : 000001 Failure in Operation.
If i try to submit from Teamsite GUI, then I got this error
SCI Error: "Failure in operation" in pgwriter4.cpp:2156
sci_BeginSubmitFSE(fSCISession, &fServer, &archiveID, &workareaID, submit_comment, submit_info, &eventID)
Server version: 5.5.2 Build 9275 Interwoven 20020617
Adam Stoller
iwsubmit \default\main\Nationwide\Test\WORKAREA\Project3wa 'submit to statging
shot in the dark
You seem to have an un-closed quote surrounding the comment in the above command line (a typo in your post?) - and you are also using single-quotes.
Please try the command again, using double-quotes - as Windows / DOS does not tend to grok single-quotes correctly and could be causing strange things to happen.
however...
That being said, based on the failure occurring when doing the submit in the TeamSite GUI - the next questions are:
How many new and/or modified files (rough number) are in the workarea being submitted?
Are you using
File > Submit
,
File > Submit - Direct
, or clicking on the
Submit
button? (
in the latter case, what
role
are you logged in with? and do you have any settings under
[submit_button]
within your
iw.cfg
file?
)
Does this problem happen when trying to submit a single file?
Does this problem happen when trying to submit a subset of the files within the workarea?
That's all I can think of right now, but hopefully that will help towards resolving the problem you are experiencing...
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)
vinayreddy
its typographic mistake, i used double quotes then also i got same problem.
I don't have much files in the workarea. Just its test workarea. I have only 5 new files. I used submitdirect and submit both got same error, I am tried both one file and workarea then also I got same problem. This is error is coming in only this branch, Other than this branch its working fine. I logged as Admin and master(both i tried).
Adam Stoller
Hmm - do you have a submit.cfg file? If so, perhaps it is misconfigured in such a way that it is only [now] materializing problems with this one branch?
Have you double-checked the permissions on the branch, staging area, and workarea folders? Perhaps one of them is not what you think it is / should be - and you might be running into problems that way?
Do you have both: "SYSTEM" and "DOMAIN\Adminstrator" in your iw-home/conf/roles/master.uid file ? (note: SYSTEM does *not* have DOMAIN\ in front of it)
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)
vinayreddy
we don't have submit.cfg file. I doubled cheked the permissions, I have full permisions. in master.uid file Domain name is there xyz\Administrator . This probelm is coming after i deleted the edition in that branch.
Adam Stoller
This probelm is coming after i deleted the edition in that branch.
Well, that could be very important information - when you say
the
edition what do you mean? first (INITIAL)? last? middle? or was there only one edition (INITIAL) and you managed to delete that (I don't think you should be able to, but I never tried)
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)
rajnag
I deleted latest edition(ex. 3d_0005) not INITIAL one.
rajnag
I used CLT to submit the staging.
iwsubmit \default\main\Nationwide\Test\WORKAREA\Project3wa 'submit to statging
i got error : 000001 Failure in Operation.
If i try to submit from Teamsite GUI, then I got this error
SCI Error: "Failure in operation" in pgwriter4.cpp:2156
sci_BeginSubmitFSE(fSCISession, &fServer, &archiveID, &workareaID, submit_comment, submit_info, &eventID)
Server version: 5.5.2 Build 9275 Interwoven 20020617
birogod
Hi
I have recently encountered similar errors in similiar write-intensive operations, eg (following a gui get latest command):
SCI Error: "I/O error" in pgwriter.cpp:562
sci_NextBranch(fSCISession, &iter, branchInfo)
Server version: 5.5.2 Build 11020 Interwoven 20020823
We are getting no where with this problem, often (but not always) and NTFS error is appearing in the windows 2000 event log stating a data drive error has occured, but a chkdsk finds no errors.
What sort of RAID set up are you using? Have you any resolution to this problem?