I have searched the forums and documentation and cannot find anything about this. I have been tasked with triggering an existing WFT workflow from an external Java application. I see various places where I can start a workflow from Java or CLT with a Job Specification File, but nothing about triggering a workflow that already exists.I'd prefer to use one workflow, whether the request is from the external application, or from a user inside TeamSite, so we don't have to maintain the workflow in more than one place. Also, we've got an existing (convoluted) Java program triggering a workflow with a Job Specification File and those triggered workflows don't appear to be tracked anywhere (for instance, they don't show up in the workflow tab on TeamSite).We're running TeamSite 6.5SP2 on Windows 2003.Thanks!
HiTo execute an WFT from Java using an CLT , as i had explored there is no CLT avialable that we can use for this purpose.If we have any CLT then we can use Java to acheive this.Whereas in case of WFM we have workflowmodeller API which can be used to perform this thing.As per my understanding i think in case of WFT we have to approach to perl.
Your initial statement is misleading - the CLT for invoking a WFT is (as was already posted) iwwft_compile.ipl - which you need to wrap within some sort of script (Perl or Java or ...) in order to invoke it. The CLT happens to be written in Perl, but it's still a CLT.I'm not sure whether WFM's API provides the same kind of functionality, nor whether iwmodelc does (I haven't tried it).
Just to be sure, would TeamSite "know" about a workflow triggered via iwwft_compile.ipl?