Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Any sample sudoers files?
ewan
I am trying to configure a sudoers file to give some regular users the ability to start and stop TeamSite on our development machine and give access to TeamSite commands. My security department is having fits with the fact that I tried to allow any executable within TeamSite/bin to be run as root. They are concerned that in one of the 200 or so commands, you may be able to use it to open a root window and have complete access to the machine.
I am new to TeamSite, do I actually need to do this? Can the TeamSite commands be run as a regular user somehow.
I have attached my sample sudoers file. Anyone want to show theirs? This is a major issue for us. How does everyone else get around this?
Thanks, Ewan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Andy_Deakin
I think the main issue is that you are running TeamSite as root. I have only installed MetaTagger and Open Deploy personally and both those applications had a post-install script to convert the application to run as a specified user.
Firenze
Most of the TeamSite CLT's can be run as the logged in user as long as that user has an account in teamsite. So, it is overkill to have all those commands running as root.
Commands like iwstat, iwsubmit, and others fall under that category.
iwreset, may require more eccess if you want to run "iwreset -ui " or "iwrest -a".