Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Help required on using Spry technology with TPL
Smita
Hi,
I have to develop a TPL (presentation template) using Spry framework, in which I have to read data from an XMLDataSource.
I am using the following Spry code to read from an xml file:
var getFormParameters = new Spry.Data.XMLDataSet("customComfortsForm_formParameters.xml", "emailValues");
where customComfortsForm_formParameters.xml is name of xml file(attached with message) Now when I am using
var formParams = getFormParameters.getData();
its returning null value. I tried giving both absolute and relative path for the xml file but it’s not working. I am always getting formParams as null.
This same Spry code is working fine in a html file.
Please suggest. Any pointers in this regard will be of great help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
vy8359
I am not sure what you are trying to do
but per adobe here is the syntax.
var getFormParameters = new Spry.Data.XMLDataSet("
http://yoursite/somefolder/somefile.xml
", "category/menu");
Try the xml file url in seprate browser first.
Note: Remember that JavaScript and XML are case-sensitive languages, so it's important that you make sure that the scripts and column names you specify are capitalized (or not capitalized) appropriately.