EnvironmentTS672 Patch 1W2K SP4LS 3.1.0 (to-be-installed)Issue[indent]I'm planning on trying to setup a dev TS/SP/LS environment on my laptop (W2K) and am trying to figure out what the cheapest / easiest DB I can get away with.The documentation indicates:OracleMS SQL ServerIBM DB2There appear to be variants of the above - like DB2-Express-C or some such - but I don't know if that's sufficient for SP/LS.I'd like to avoid paying for the DB software if I can. I only intend to use it for SP/LS dev work.[/indent]Any recommendations?Has anyone gotten it to work with MySql or some other free DB system?I know enough about DBs to be dangerous - so please provide as full information as possible (including good download sites - I tried downloading an eval version of MSSQL2005 and it never seemed to download)Thanks
Hi ghotiI am not sure that this piece of information is weather useful to you or not,But i would like to share that in TS 6.7.2 Beta is having the support of MySql as opensource database for TS.
those are the only 3 variants for the SP/LS DB setup. Hibernate is used for DB access you can try to use the cheaper flavors of the three but they have not been verified by interwoven.