Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deployment Agent query
cari
Hi,
Can we run a specific project in the deployment agent through a script or through command line. I would like to run the deployment agent project from an application.
Depending on the success of that particular deployment I would like to run another process to do some updates in the database.
Please let me know.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msrinivas
AFAIK, I do not believe DA functionality is exposed as API. Having said that you can do what you need to do using a script that leverages MB webservices API in Java or .NET. The only thing that you need to do on top of it is to schedule the script to run at particular times.
HTH
cari
Hi,
I am aware of this, we can use MediaBin webservices to get the metadata and update the tables through java.
My problem is that, once the images are ftped to the web server by the deployment agent, I want to update the database with the metadata for the images that were successfully deployed only. So I need to run the update to the database only on success. On failure, the update to database should not occur.
How can we control this? Is there a way to check from the application, if the deployment agent ftp process ran successfully or not.
Please advise...