Ravi kumar logs in with master access, edits a file and submits the fileHow is this process described in these log entries ?[wed oct 15, 15:18:39 2008] aim\ravi.kumar master unlock\store1\main\magazines\capital\stock\WORKAREA\general\templatedata\content\html\data\20070625_56759_7867 0x000017660000000000p28c78 aim\ravi.kumar File locked by FormsPublisher[wed oct 15, 15:18:39 2008] aim\ravi.kumar master Submit \store1\main\magazines\capital\stock\WORKAREA\general0x00007622000000000b56c981 ) ravi enters with master access unlocks the file. Does clicking on edit or select check box mean unlocking of files ? The path is specified to display from where this file is being edited, right ? There is a long submit event object ID, why is this Id here as there is no submit event taking place as yet ? When file is edited, is it automatically locked by FormsPublisher and message generated in logfile ?2) In the next entry, submit event takes place. So long ID specifies that submit event objedt ID. Why is full path iof the file not shown here ? Thanks
Thanks for your reply. I just figured that out. One more thins, if there is an objID "0x00002250000000000000011d" , how can you find out whats this objID is for ? whats the command for that ?I used "iwattrib 0x00002250000000000000011d" but I am getting the details about how to use this command.So how to figure out what object is this object ID for ?Thanks
Have you tried to read TeamSite® Command-Line Tools manual?
Have you read my post ? It was a whole minute before yours. :-)
I did read iwattrib section of the manual. There is not enough information. There is no mention about how to derive info about an object from an objID.Can you pls explain ?
Thanks for providing the script. That will help for hidden infoStill the basic question remains. In log files there are many ObjIDs, whats the use of these IDs ? In other words how to figure out what that objectid is for ?e.g iwattrib main objid - returns objid of main branchiw attrib main archive - returns objid of TS archive containing main branchnow how to use these ObjIDs ? or if an objID is there , how to figure out what that objectid is for ?thanks
-l
iwattrib -l /default/mainiwattrib -l /default/main/some-branch/WORKAREA/some-workareaiwattrib -l /default/main/some-branch/WORKAREA/some-workarea/some-file
thanks Adam. What you suggest is to use iwattrib on any branch or workarea, find different parameters and their IDs.My question is, if there is a number "0x00002250000000000000011d" in the iwevent.log file, how to figure out for what object is this number.e.g. if I execute iwattrib /default/main objid at the command prompt, result is"0x00002250000000000000011d".Now instead of this , I have got "0x00002250000000000000011d" , how can I figure out that this number pertains to what branch ? I tried using"iwattrib 0x00002250000000000000011d", but did not get any result.Is there a command which converts a number to the object it belongs to ?thanks