Below is a JD, I have come across recently. I am a certified TS Developer and Admin (2 Certs).I couldn't make the cut for this job, as i have zero .net exp . I have 5 years of IT Exp. Initial 3 years are in portals with plain J2ee. Rest is in IWOV TS , which includes the certifications and was fortunate to work with excellent implementations by some of the senior guys in this forum.But is the below JD realistic ? Why TS engineer is supposed to know .NET to the extent mentioned in the JD ? Seems some poor chap get trapped by IWOV marketing :-) Or is this a very bad architecture ? Or are they dealing with latest LS with dot net support? As the JD doesn't talk about the version, I am not sure about it.It can be 6.7.2 with site publisher, as this is pertaining to a recent post. But nowhere either SitePublisher or LiveSite is mentioned. Can anybody shed some light ?* Minimum 5 years experience in .NET based projects. * At least 3 to 5 years development experience in web content management system called Interwoven TeamSite. * Excellent skills in System Analysis & Design. * VB.NET, ADO.NET, and Crystal Report skills for around 4 to 5 years * Experience in utilising SQL Server 2000 for around 4 to 5 years * Strong understanding in Visual studio 2005 and .NET framework 2.0. * Proven experience in ASP .NET and WinForms based projects. * Skills in XML, XSL, CSS, XSD’s, and Visual SourceSafe * Writing Java script in .NET application. * Proven experience in editing and structuring documents so it is suitable for web delivery. * Demonstrated experience in fast turnaround of high volume, text heavy content to web. * Great understanding of web usability and accessibility principles * Web interface expertise to online application projects * Proven experience in website administration. * Experience in utilising the Adobe Acrobat to create PDFs and optimising images and documents for delivery via the web
May be Dave is also right.
Don't say that, it will go to his head.
Since we are all beating this dead horse.. I might as well chip in:What the recruiter thinks his client wants and what the client really wants are two different things.
Dear Dave, Thanks for the comment . I appreciate the first para . informative . But the 2nd para is quite ordinary.Buddy,I responded to a JD send by the recruiter, who was my friend. Had no plan to quite the current job.
WTF? Gee Mike, can't imagine why you didn't get that job with that sparkling personality of yours...:rolleyes:
Hello Kettle, this is Pot, you're black...........
If you are expected to create complex workflows in WFM using Java for your externaltasks, then you need to be a pretty good Java developer. I am using Java, Eclipse, and I can see where JUnit would come in handy if you are building complex solutions. How else are you going to debug your code? The Java development is not trivial.