Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to change Data Type?
Shete
Hi,
Is there a way to change the Data Type directly for already created metadata? I want to change it from 'Value List' to 'String List'.
I want to make it appear this in Quick Search.
Thanks,
Shriram
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CalvinFold
This link should give you some idea:
TARGET='_blank'>Converting String List to Text
As far as I know this would only work switching back and forth between String and Text fields. I've converted String Lists to Text a number of times. I've also discovered a variant of this trick will "unerase" deleted fields and their metadata--at least if used fairly soon after the field deletion.
Shete
Thanks CalvinFold for your reply.
I did try following the steps provided in the thread. I could export the Metadata properly but lost their association with the assets
. Is there any way to keep earlier association intact?
I am doing this to include it in Quick search. If there is any other to way to make it Quick searchable then it would be great.
Thanks,
Shriram
1.rptdesign
2.rptdesign
CalvinFold
Not sure what you mean by the "association with assets."
Remember, the tip I gave you switched from String List to Text. I wouldn't try this trick without testing in a dev (staging, QE, QA, etc.) environment first per the thread I sent you.
It's also possible on re-read that I've not tinkered with "value list" before and it may not be possible. I only know this trick works between String List and Text and from Text to String List. Even the MediaBin client seems to recommend String List over Value List for the search engine (gives a warning message when you create a Value List).
On the plus side, if you kept the original XML definition you exported, should be able to put it back as long as nothing else got touched.
On a side note, we've not implemented Quick Search, so I'm a blank there.
Wish I could help more, about all I've been told or tried.
lyman
There is no way to convert "in place", I am afraid. You will need to write a script using your favorite interface to recursively edit the metadata on each asset.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd