Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Data Deploy | Deleting the DCR and Database row entry
rohitspathak123
Hi,
I am using data deploy to populate database with DCR content. As part of testing we have created lots of junk DCR and now these junk data are in database.
How can I get rid of these Junk Data in database as well as DCR ?
I read that I should not delete these data from database manually because Data Deploy maintains record of all the DCR in DELTRACKER table.
What the best way to approach this ?
Also if I want to use data deploy for deleting DCR what extra dd config do I need to write ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jstephan
You can write a delete workflow and submit the files. Your delete workflow should basically delete the DCR files in the CMS (write a external task to delete) and data deploy the DCR and submit to staging so that it will be deleted permanently.
TreeStructure.zip
rohitspathak123
Hi ,
Thanks for your reply.
Till now I have used data deploy to insert/updat DCR data to database.
I have never written data deploy for delete. Could you please explain in little details what I need to conifure in data deploy so that the database content also gets deleted related to this DCR.
This will be really helpful to me. Pointers will also work.
Thanks in advance.
Rohit
RelativeTimePeriodAggregation.rptdesign
sridharg
Hi,
Read through the permission rules and filters for data deploy config which would help you in configuring.On the otherhand at a high level , running through a delete workflow,when you have filelist with list of DCRs and those DCRs which are deleted from the WORKAREA/STAGING are considered to be deleted from the database also using the primary key references. The deltracker has the control on it reading the config files.
rohitspathak123
Hi sridharg,
Thanks for your reply. Could you please give me some more details or pointer for implementing delete workflow for data deploy. Till STAGING i understand that I need to delete the dcr from workarea and Submit it to STAGING.
- Whats changes do I need to do for deletion from Database ?
- What changes do we need to make in data deploy script ?
Any pointers will be appreciated.
Rohit