Hey,DNR script trigger multiple times depending on the DNR trigger and the number of deployment legs.If the deployment entails multiple nodes, the DNR script will execute once for each micro leg. For example, if there is a fan-out deployment with 4 nodes, OpenDeploy will execute a micro leg to 4 different targets and each micro leg will try to execute the DNR. Thus, OpenDeploy will execute the DNR four times.If the intention is to run the DNR once, use the "dnrDeploymentJob", which is run once per job.Hope this help you!Regards!Vinayak
If the deployment entails multiple nodes, the DNR script will execute once for each micro leg.
Thank you Vinayak and Adam for you valuable inputs.As Vinayak mentioned, that the DNR script will be executed number of times the nodes mentioned in the OD config file. I have one farm, containing two nodes specifed in my config file. So one execdepoymenttask with DNR script. But, when I checked the log file for past 3 weeks and the script got called only once for each deployment. I am finding difficulty to confirm the above quote from Vinayak.It just happened only once that script got called twice.For reference, I have attached the OD config file.Did I misunderstood something here?Thanks,Amit
Adam,This config file has been released to production three months back and not modified after that. (We do not get direct access to the server and modified date is also not changed). This config file is used daily and runs the DNR only once (according to log file). So, I think the first option you mention might be working here.But, still there is question. If it works in above way, why script got called twice?Also, the script always do a delete + insert in the database.Do you think, it might be a glitch in OD or will it be good if I put this to IW support?Thanks,Amit