Hi Folks,
Some background: we can do this using WFT, and I am now seeing if I can translate the functionality that we currently enjoy to WFM.
So...
I have built a test WFM workflow that simply approves and then deploys the submitted files. This bit works fine. I have however included an external task after the deploy task in order to log the information about this workflow to a database. The external task script is a TeamSite perl script utilizing all the old favourite WF utility modules.
In a WFM submit task, their is a property called "Submit Comment" [see attached image]. The tool defines this property as:
Submit Comment Specify some comments here, these comments will be applied to the file/s that will be submitted. You can also use Configurable, Datasource and Script variable here. The value entered here will be added to this task as a variable with the key "submit_cmt".The problem I am having is how to extract the "Submit Comment" data using the external task script. From my reading of it, the information is stored in a task variable (called submit_cmt) associated with that submit task. So, if I have an external task (that is obviously a later task) that wants that info, I would probably be best advised to extract the taskid of the submit task and then get the variable using something like:
my($task) = new TeamSite::WFtask($taskid);
my $submit_comment = $job -> GetVariable("submit_cmt");
Am I on the right track? Or have I missed the boat, and is there an obviously easier method of doing this?
Cheers!