Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Search box on SP page
nirjari
A Search component is the one which retrieves nothing from the database when loaded in page. But , it retrieves data once query is placed in it on tha page. (Like any webpage with search box)
I have created a jsp page to display an html form which has search textbox and "Go" arrow besides it. This jsp page retrieves nothing from the database. Then I have created a search component, which is loaded in page. There is no DCR of search datatype, so there is has no data to be retrieved from the component by the jsp. So jsp page retrieves nothing from the DCR of search component and displays only html form for the search query.
When I uinclude this component on the page, with other components, whole page gives an error message "Page can not be displayed" in preview. If this search component is not included, then the page is displayed fine in preview.
When I excluded DCR datum from the search component's content xml file, I am getting a bunch of java exceptions.
So how can I include Search query box on the SitePublisher page ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
PayalGarg
Are you trying to build a search component that will return results from database? You can have a component that passes search query to an external search engine and then return reults for you.