I don't think I can.Basically I have component A that references DCRA.I have component B that reference DCRB, however I need to know access a specific field in DCRA from an external in component B. How does component B even know what DCRA is? I don't think its simple, unless I am missing something, I am fairly new to this livesite stuff.
I see why you would do it that way, but reading the encapsulated XML format of the .page file will be brittle. (i.e. a hack)Why do you need to look at the page file to get the DCR paths? If your components are specifying DCRs in their properties but then using these 'global variables' for display, why not specify the DCR paths as parameters to your controller?If you keep it as is, I would at least add some controller parameters that specify each XPath you're going for in the .page file. That way when TS gets upgraded and your stuff breaks (the .page file format changes subtly all the time) it will be an easy fix without recompiling anything.Stokes.