Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Renaming directories generates submit conflicts
MikeMoretti
When I rename a directory in my workarea, then I List Modified and select the deleted old directory and the modified new directory and do a submit, I always get a conflict with the deleted old directory. Is this supposed to happen? How do I get around this? I'm trying to make submission part of a workflow and this will cause the submit task owner problems every time a directory is renamed...
Thanks,
-Mike M.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
Deleted directories are always in conflict with staging, when the directory exists in staging. I don't think that there is any workaround. Sorry.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
MikeMoretti
That's kinda silly considering that the only way to submit a deleted directory is by doing a List Modified and selecting it. You'd think that if I went through that much hassle to actually submit it that I would mean it and it shouldn't be a conflict...
-Mike
Migrateduser
No no no you silly rabbit... :-)
You don't need to first view list-modified. You can, for instance, turn on overwrite _before_ starting the submit--you won't see the conflict then.
Also, you can let the conflict happen, and then select the conflicted dirs and turn on overwrite before proceeding.
bw
Bob Walden [bob.walden@interwoven.com]
Interwoven Education Group
IM: Yahoo, MSN bob_walden
MikeMoretti
Well, the whole process sounds a little squirrelly to me!
I wouldn't want to turn on overwrite because there may be other conflicts that need to be dealt with manually. Directory/file renaming or deleting shouldn't cause a conflict. It's a standard thing anyone would want to do on a normal basis as part of any revision control (i.e. it should be no different than editing or adding a file; the additional List Modified necessary to see the deleted file to submit it is a good added confirmation step in any case).
Besides, most of this stuff will be happening in a workflow and I don't want to turn on overwrite there in case there really are REAL conflicts that could potentially cause a problem.
-Mike