...use constant SUCCESS => 0;use constant FAILURE => 1;my $status = SUCCESS;eval {main();};if ($@) { log_it("Error Executing Deployment DNR Task: $@\n"); $status = FAILURE;}# Let OpenDeploy know if processing failedprint qq(<response code="-2"/>\n) if($status);exit($status);...sub main {...}
Andy - did you see I topped the scales and am a Diamond now? I'm catching up. Only 3 billion more posts till I catch up to you...
snore, snore, snore.....huh, did someone say somthing. yawn. Oh, it i sonly smitty.Sure whatever, I am quite impress.
Awesome. Thank you very much, Boris.Andy - did you see I topped the scales and am a Diamond now? I'm catching up. Only 3 billion more posts till I catch up to you...
Speaky englishy?
what does OpenDeploy actually do when it gets this response code?
This got lost in the banter
That differs for different Trigger Permutations.For the "Transactional, on Success, After" OD itself will automatically roll-back Transactional Deploymentupon receiving "-2", you do not have to do anything else. For non-transactional it's pretty much ignored.
Hi All,This forum helped me a lot. But I would like to know one more thing.I am doing DCR deployment and from the DNR I am updating DB. Once OD is done, then from DNR scrpit DD is happening. Following are my configurations :<dnrDeployment when="after" location="source" state="success" triggerPoint="transfer">As per document and this forum discussion, I am sending the response to OD like <response code="-2"/> to STDOUT. While I am checking the deployed status, The file is rollbacked but the directory structure is not getting rollbacked. My File path is: "templatedata/aaaaa/dd-deploy-test/data/container_item_replicant.xml"After rollback, at target the following directory structure is getting created but the file is rollbacked."templatedata/aaaaa/dd-deploy-test/data/".As per understanding even this DIR path should be rollbacked.Please let me know whether my understanding is correct or not. Any suggestions heartly welcome.
Hi All,The issue got resolved. I used the new configuration: dnrDeployment when="after" location="target" state="success" triggerPoint="connect"Earlier I was using:dnrDeployment when="after" location="source" state="success" triggerPoint="transfer"
pathRegistryChecking
serializeDeploymentSetUp
Hey, I think you actually implemented this here at Nike! Memory loss?
I think there are detailed explanations in the previous responses, but here's what I see as pertinent here:- On the sending (base) side of the deployment, it'll just show up as a failure without much of a reason why when the DNR script throws the 'response code' error.- On the receiving side (the receiver that runs the DNR), you can see in the micro log of the deployment that the execution of the script failed. This entry is only on the receiver, not the base.- This all only works if the DNR script is constructed in such a way as to detect issues and then nicely spit out the 'response code' error. If the whole DNR craps out, OpenDeploy won't know about it other than perhaps eventually timing out.
I bet there have been feature requests in for 5+ years to improve the interaction between DNRs on receivers and the base OD that invokes them.WallyNike, Inc.