Hi all,In WFT we have iwwft_instantiator.cgi to initiate a workflow. Could anyone provide me any pointer or suggestion as if there is a command similar to that within Workflow Modeler??My requirement is to initiate a workflow (.ipm) from an application server based on certain params. Apart from that, is it feasible to callback to the Appln DB using a WSDL, so that before completion of all tasks, workflow could update the DB status field??Thanks.
Hi Kaalraa,There is no such command like iwwft_instantiator.cgi, but you can try iwmodelc.exe command utility to instantiating a WFM workflow.Another way might be using CSSDK to instantiate the workflow.HTH,
How does one use the CSSDK to instantiate a WFM workflow? I can see where you can instantiate a job based on an XML job spec:CSWorkflowEngine.createWorkflow(String job_spec);But I don't see a method that will initiate a workflow created with WFM. Or can you turn your WFM workflow into a job spec and then kick it off with the createWorkflow() method?To add another twist, I'd like to kick off a WFM workflow using the CSSWDK and pass it the list of files I want to attach. Is this possible? I'm not seeing it...
I appreciate the feedback. I'll let you know if I discover anything useful from the support case.
So Dave, did anything ever come of this bad boy? Or are we still screwed?
public class NestedSpec implements CSURLExternalTask { /** * Constructure. Gets a handle on the logger. */ public NestedSpec() { log = Logger.getLogger(getClass().getName()); } public void execute(CSClient client, CSExternalTask currentTask, Hashtable params) throws CSException { log.error("Got into this class!"); String groupName; CSWorkflowEngine workflowEngine = client.getWorkflowEngine(); log.error("Got the engine: "+workflowEngine); String jobSpec = "usr/app/interwoven/TeamSite/tmp/AsynchronousTranslation.xml"; CSWorkflow workflow = workflowEngine.createWorkflow(jobSpec); } // end of execute() body /** Logger to use to log errors */ Logger log;}
CSWorkflow workflow = workflowEngine.createWorkflow(jobSpec);
...From logging that I put in i can tell the problem is with this line specifically. But i can't figure out why.CSWorkflow workflow = workflowEngine.createWorkflow(jobSpec);
You then showed: CSWorkflow workflow = workflowEngine.createWorkflow(jobSpec);Maybe it's just me - but my reading of the javadocs makes me think that this method may be expecting the actual XML string and not a path to a file - so you may have to read the contents of that file into a String and then pass that to this method in order for it to work.
workflowSpecification